Earthquake Safety Tips
The information below provides some practical safety tips to help us all prepare for the inevitable.
Let Me Help You Find Your new home: Click Here
Bregman Properties Appreciates Your Referrals!
- Flashlight and shoes next to the bed.
- Extra batteries.
- A supply of fresh water and non-perishable food.
- Lots of spoons so we can eat all of the ice cream before it melts!
- Earthquake Country Alliance has some good information.
- Click Here to see the FEMA earthquake preparedness guidelines.
The American Red Cross Earthquake
- Water—one gallon per person, per day (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Food—non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
- Extra batteries
- First aid kit – Anatomy of a First Aid Kit
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medical information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies)
- Cell phone with chargers
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- Emergency blanket
- Map(s) of the area
- Medical supplies (hearing aids with extra batteries, glasses, contact lenses, syringes, etc)
- Baby supplies (bottles, formula, baby food, diapers)
- Games and activities for children
- Pet supplies (collar, leash, ID, food, carrier, bowl)
- Two-way radios
- Extra set of car keys and house keys
- Manual can opener
- N95 or surgical masks
- Rain gear
- Work gloves
- Tools/supplies for securing your home
- Extra clothing, hat and sturdy shoes
- Plastic sheeting
- Duct tape
- Household liquid bleach
- Entertainment items
- Blankets or sleeping bags
At Bregman Properties, whether you are buying OR selling, we will do whatever is necessary to make your real estate transaction a success!
Bregman Properties is your neighborhood specialist. We are available to answer your questions, to provide advice and to negotiate your real estate transaction with your best interest as our primary focus. We are always ready to provide you with outstanding representation for all of your real estate related needs. “Experience the Difference”